Friday, February 7, 2014

I remember hearing this, that changed my life forever.

In the beginning, there was a dance. An eternal dance. And we were created to be a part of this dance. But along the way, we have forgotten, we forget the steps. So messengers came to teach us again the steps of this dance. They came to teach us how to love, how to dance around others so they could also know this love and return to this dance. This is why I do what I do and who I aim to be. Even though I had forgotten it - even though I get distracted, and tired, emotional and unproductive. Even though i act like a child sometimes, and even though sometimes i want things i think i want. But this is really why i live - i want to be able to dance like that, to be part of that eternal dance of love. And i want this more than anything else - this is the most important thing, even through loss, even through growing old and bitter, even through anger and pride - in the end, i want just to be able to reach that place that i can dance in spite of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment