Tuesday, May 22, 2012

you must forget
they said,
but how to forget that first
touch
that whisper that came from the edges of the universe
to weave between our fingers
as we lay intertwined.

you must forget,
she said.
but how to forget
when what i have never known is now known
what i have never felt, is now
as deep as my senses, as close as my heart.

you must forget,
he said.
but how to forget when this has become
how i know my name
how to forget when
you have worked your way into all my dreams
so that none of them would be complete without you

how to forget when
i see your eyes in the children i will one day have
they will have your hair
they will have our love
our purity of heart
the one that brought us together,
the one we will consummate
the one we will build our home upon.


and...
how to forget the pain
when this is how i feel
what has 'become' me
and yet, you choose, to build brick walls
of un-feeling
so that you no longer feel the same way about me
so that you can no longer see that dream
that i am still living within.

No comments:

Post a Comment