Saturday, February 11, 2012

where does my faith lie?


The answer, of course, lies not in the things that divide us. This is what I have found in six, seventh months of searching, so far. If I think about what we differ in opinion, I end up with a dead knot, I end up spiraling in circles, unraveling. I reach the end of a fray. Not just for either one of the faiths, but for all of it, at once.

Having then to take a step further to look again at the bigger picture; if I want to grow I cannot focus on these knots. I cannot focus on the tiny details that trip us up. I need to expand my view, see beyond the minute layers. I find that much of it is a question of linguistics and understanding – indeed, it could be true that we in fact see the same things, but our words get in the way. Our concepts connected to the words, puts limitations on what we can understand. We understand the terms a different way, and thus we get confused, we confuse each other, we do not reach the heart of the issue. We argue and divide ourselves based on linguistics, missed understandings.

The question in the heart of our religions is: who is God?

Is he the man which has found light and kindness, love for all livingkind regardless.
Is he the man who spoke a message which seemed directly from the mouth of God?
Is he the Son, is he the messenger?

Is he that which gives us wealth and health?
Is he that which divides us?


An answer can be found in these questions, but any answer we find there cannot be the answer we seek or really need.

Our answer must lie somewhere outside and beyond it. The God we follow is one who calls us to love, to feed the poor, to clothe the weary, to love, help, touch the untouchables. The God we follow does not discriminate love according to tribes or peoples, he saw all with the same eyes, loved all, the adulterers the prostitutes the Samaritans – enlightened, pure light as he was, he saw them as equals, he empathized, loved. He taught that we should love all as one, equal.

We shame him by discriminating and judging others, putting ourselves into different boxes. We shame him by making our religion about anything else – about wealth or numbers or power.

GOD IS LOVE.
Anything else is idolatry.

This is the answer I will arrive at – whatever name you call it, God’s work is love for all in Unity. These are the children and the workers of light. These are the saved – saved by their actions as workers of light, sons of God, who live the heavenlies even while on earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment