Monday, March 26, 2012

Please, don’t tear my country apart

i will not listen to your lies and fear-mongering, and will defy you when you try to divide us.

i will shut my ears to your seeds of hatred, the one that you would plant, then on the sly, by and by, water and watch for it to grow; and so, when you have manipulated the situation, the people, the nation, to self destruct…

sweep in, call yourself ‘hero-leader’ (for a moment), win your ‘support’

Which you won by burning

the very foundations

that hold us together.

i will not stand by and watch while you burn a nation to make yourselves strong

i will pay no attention to your ploys

to turn me against my neighbour;

my brother, my sister, my friend

To break apart the weaves that have weaved us together

from the day we were born

we are one

we are the nation

you do not speak for us, – In fact

if you do not see that we are one – or worse

that you would shatter what is united, into many jagged pieces

you cannot call yourself

a child of this land

we have

God-given eyes to see

ears, a voice, reason

See - what is most important:

we are one

we may disagree

the fact does not change

we are one

let no one tell us otherwise

No comments:

Post a Comment